April 18, 2008

A Loss may turn out to be a Gain

I felt a bit unhappy this morning because F4 left me alone and went out with another friend. I can't follow due to there was no more seat for me. I felt betrayed by them. At the end, I decided to go to Mt. Maunganui to join Joanne & Cassey. They went there early morning by hitch hike. There is no way for me to go there unless by hitch hiking car. Although it's not the first time I hitch hike, but it's the first time to do this alone. I took the company van to go out and walk to the main street. After stand at the roadside for about 10 minutes, I was nervous and felt hesitate whether want to put my thumb out. Finally I stand out and reach out my hand, a few cars pass by but didn't stop. After few minutes, a car stopped in front of me. It was a gentleman inside the car. I told him that I want to go Mt. Maunganui, he asked me to hop in to the car. Henry is a nice guy. He actually wanted to back to Papamoa, but he purposely drove me to Mt.Maunganui. He is working in Adelaide and having his vacation at his mum's house. We talk about his job and job opportunity in NZ & Australia. I have a better understand about the job opportunity in NZ & Aust.
I felt lucky that I met a nice guy like him as there is not always a good guy you will meet during hitch hiking. It's always certain risk to jump in a stranger's car even though in a safe country as NZ, especially for a single lady. I'm glad I took this step as I will never do this again in other place.


Beach @ Mt. Maunganui...lots of birds............taste the yummy ice cream, but melting very fast


A few guys fishing at the cliff whereas the terrifying waves (惊涛骇浪) keep hitting the cliff

I met Joanne & Cassey at the beach, we have a bush walk in the small island beside the beach. After that, we "attended" (actually just watch aside) to a couple's romantic wedding ceremony on the beach.


The good luck didn't follow us while we were back. Three of us tried to hitch hike again to go back to Te Puke, but there was no car willing to stop. It become dusk, a van stop and offers us a ride. However, there was no seat at all for three of us but only a space at the back with lots of painting tools. We got to squeeze ourselves at the back together with the painting tools & ladder, just like a illegal immigrant. It was so funny and clownish.

What a weird and special experience for me. There is a Chinese proverb, "When the old man on the frontier lost his mare, who could have guessed it was a blessing in disguise?"
塞翁失马,焉知非福。
Life is like a box of chocolate, you will never what you will get.
很多事情看起来是不好的,到后来却出人意表得让你有所收获。不要把事情想得太坏。

No comments:

Post a Comment