April 19, 2008

U jump! I jump!

Taupo Tandem Skydive

Waiting for jump


My instructor - Albert help me to dress up

Just because of one sentence, “U jump! I jump!” bring me to the 12,000 ft from the ground and throwing myself out of a perfectly good plane on a cord of a parachute. I never think I'll do that before I met a gang of crazy friends. There was no choice, I had to go skydiving for my travel.

Going to jump soon

We spent about 10 minutes journey up to 12,000 ft enjoying the buzz and watching each and others freaking out. People say it is easier to go first because you don’t have to watch others bowl out before you. But I was terrified to jump out for the first when I look down from the plane. I felt my heartbeat stopped when the moment I tumbling out of the plane, feeling completely befuddled. That was the scary part.

oh my god! help ~
my heartbeat stopped

The rush you get is difficult to explain. It is tough to breathe and hard to think. My mind goes blank. I even forgot the cameraman in front of me to take my photo and video.
But surprisingly, I felt no fear after a few seconds during my freefall. I felt the pressure, felt like a bird and started to realize the spectacular scenery is just down there. You can even see the earth is round. The mountainous and lake scenery is phenomenal and would inspire even the most worried jumper.

awesone view from the top
the earth is round
flying like a bird
the camera man is in front of me
beautiful lake scenery
i'm the supergirl

At 12,000 ft you get a 45 second freefall , it’s the shortest 45-second in my life. The parachute open after the 45 second, and I can now hear and breathe and absorb the great view. I started to scream like mad due to too excited. The scenery is so so beautiful. The instructor even let me to control the parachute for a while and turning me around for 360’.
Parachute was opened, the fear was totally gone

After ‘flying’ in the sky for about 10 minutes, I was slowly gliding down to the ground with instructor and parachute in tow. This is the experience as close to flying I will ever get in my lifetime. I guess this is the craziest thing I’ve done in my life. All I can say is that the feeling of freefall is an out-of-world experience. I'll definitely jump again if I have the chance.
gliding down to landing
landed safely
YYY!
Can't believe I've made it
We all made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment