March 1, 2008

My 1st Outing in NZ


The frame is for us to take the best view. Me, E-han & Mark.
A day out in the Waitakeres
Giant Kaori tree
.............................................................silver fern

Piha beach with lion rock


the beach for surf lover

doggy waiting for feed

Mark is a nice & friendly American, I knew him in Oaklands Lodge. He is my first travelling companion in NZ. Our friendship started with a piece of chocolate cake. He offered to drove me up to the peak of Mt. Eden when he knew that I never been there. The next day, he invited me to join him to a beautiful beach for surfer~ Piha Beach. Together we went with another 2 companion, E-han (photographer from France) & Eric (Canadian). We stopped by at Waitakere Ranges Regional Park, a refreshing forest with giant Kaori tree. This is my first trek in NZ. After an hour trekking, we proceed to Piha beach. It a popular surfing spot as the waves here is strong. We climb up the a big rock called Lion Rock and playing with the water. It's great to spend time at the beach during summer. After all, Mark drove us to Mt Eden again because E-han never been there. It was a windy day, I felt the wind going to blow me away.
We have a great day. Thanks, Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment