March 1, 2008

Oaklands Lodge ~ My 1st stop

Oaklands Lodge




the fat cat







staff room









Mt. Eden is the a dead volcano and surrounding suburb in Auckland, NZ, situated five kilometres south of the city centre. The mountain is the highest naturalpoint in the whole of Auckland.



the cow eating grasses in the volcano


Mt. Eden provides good views in all directions over the city
.................................................... Street view

27 Feb - 2 March 08


My first stop in NZ was a cozy backpackers budget hostel(bbh) located at Mt. Eden, Auckland. This bbh getting very high ranking among the bbh in Auckland. The hostel is clean, the people stay here is friendly and nice. What I need to do are making bed and clean the rooms from 10am-12.30pm for every morning. The work is quite easy with help of others helpers. We 4 helpers stay in the same room, Isabella from Germany, and a French couple. They are all travel abroad for quite some time.

I choose to work here is because I want to let myself quickyly adapt to the lifestyle here before I continue my journey. It's a good way to save the money on accommodation even though I didnt get pay for the work.

I get to know a lot of friends here from different country. I'm the only asian stay in this bbh, I guess maybe is because of the location & the higher room rate compare to other bbh.

No comments:

Post a Comment